In this post, we will discuss about the Packing list for traveling to Tibet. We will discuss the elevations and climate in Tibet. At the end of the tour, we have the list of the recommended packing list.
Before all our client makes a final preparation for the departure for Tibet. Everyone is asking us for a packing list for Tibet. I think having a proper packing list helps you are great for making your tour much comfortable and easy.
Elevation in Tibet
Before preceding on what to pack for the Tibet tour, you will need to understand the attitude of the places you are visiting and the climate of the places on the particular month. With this we hope, it would give a great opportunity for you to make an informed decision.
Weather in Tibet
In generally, Tibet is very hot in the sun and very cold in the shadow. The climate in Lhasa and Tibet is well described as your upper part of the body is in Shadow ( shivering cold) and your lower part in Sun ( burning Sun). Travelers need to have a warm and light coat in handy along with sun cap, sunglass, and sunscreen lotion.
The Packing list for Tibet Travel
I think travelers need in Lhasa along with other daily necessaries like the toothbrush and hand towel.
- Warm Jacket ( if you are traveling to Kailash region and Everest Base camp)
- Sweater, Jacket, and the windbreaker.
- Rain jacket
- Sun cap
- Hat and gloves for the colder area.
- Swimsuit, if you have hot spring in the itinerary
- Comfortable trekking shoe
- Breathable socks
- Hand sanitizer
- Lip balm for the dryness of climate.
- Sunscreen lotion
- First Aid kid and medicine for common illness and High altitude sickness
- Other toiletries you might need in regular basis
- Travel Document and emergency contact
- Sleeping bag ( if you are going to trekking and Kailash region).
- Sleeping bag inner. ( would be good if you are staying in local Tibetan home guest house at the place like New Tingri, Everest base camp, Tedrom, Namtso and so on.
Gifts for Locals
- Locals souvenir from your native place.
- English books for Children and other reading materials
- Any warm clothes
Please do not forget to pack your Tibet travel permit and other documents required. All the items are for sale but your document could not get once left behind.
Other posts you might be interested in
- 100 Top Tibet Travel guide
- How to avoid High altitude sickness in Tibet
- Sustainable and Responsible tourism in Tibet
- FAQs on travel in Tibet
For more information on Tibet travel information and latest update please write to me at email@example.com