Tibetan Travel Company
Meet Our Team
Content and Marketing
I-Tibet travel and Tours is fully committed to responsible and Sustainable tourism practice in Tibet. Our privilege to be able to host you in Tibet also makes our responsibility in protecting nature and contributing back communities.
As a Local Tibetan travel agency in Lhasa. Our staffs are 100% local Tibetan tourism professionals. Additionally, We only use local Tibetan guides, other tours crews, and local business. 100% of the travel money goes to locals. Besides, We use 3% of the net profit into Environmental and social initiatives.
Being Tibetan, We know how vital the Tibetan environment is for the entire world. Mountains, glacier, and rivers are all cherished in our culture. We do our best to reduce the environmental impact of your tours in Tibet.
Following are Our ways:
a) No Small plastic bottles in the tour
All the drinking water are provided in the bigger container. So all visitors are asked to bring his/her own water bottle. In this way, we reduce hundreds and thousands of small plastic bottles. All the bigger containers are provided back to the manufacturer for reuse.
b) Incentives for practice
Incentives are given to guide and drivers. Who follow our strict directories on ethical practice towards sustainable and responsible tourism practice.
c) Staff Training every winter
Winter is a low season in Tibet tourism. We provide skill training required for the practice of Responsible and Sustainable tourism practice, first Aids and emergency first responder training. One of our managers is certified Humanity Supply Chain management by fritz institute. We work closely with individuals from institute like Tibet Eco Travel initiatives and Local Tibet Red Cross society and other NGOs.
d) Tree Plantation
Some portion of the tour money are save for our 1000 Tree plantation project. We will plant trees when we will have enough funds.
e) Smaller group size
All our tours are a small group to reduce environmental Impact. Since traveling in a smaller group has less impact on committed in an area than a big group. Therefore all our tour groups are small.
f) Trekking tours and environmental care in the wilderness of Tibet
During your trekking Tours, you will be walking across a very fragile ecosystem. We do take extra care in our trekking tours preventing environmental effects. Following are how are take care of our environment our trekking tours.
1: We nothing leave mother behind.
We make sure we take all our rubbish and leave nothing behind.
2: We protect the grassland
A little destruction of Tibet’s fragile environment is irreversible. So, in the trekking tours, we will not make drainage surrounding your tent. Instead, we will provide trekkers with a better tent with bathtub style floors which prevent water from getting into the tent. We don’t put a small tent toilet. Even if we try to put the grass back, it is not the same. So when you are answering your nature called please enjoy the view.
3: Collecting the garbage along the way.
We have a saying in Tibet, “if you can’t help, don’t harm.” Here is our helping part. We always have extra yaks carrying the Garbages, our yak men will be collecting while waiting for the clients at the campsite. Yak man walks faster than all, and they have free time at the camp. While cook prepares for meals and drinks, We pay yaks men’s incentives in collecting the rubbish around the camp.
I-Tibet travel and tours, identify its self as a social enterprise. For this, we dedicate 3% of our annual net profit to Social and environmental projects. Every winter we buy winter clothes for small children and donate to schools. In this way, besides donating winter cloth, we are also encouraging them to go to school.
It is important to make our guest understand Local Culture, Beliefs, and Ethics. Hence it will make it more comfortable during Our special tour arrangements. Like, your home visit, culture programs, and our others.
Our mission statement
- Building unforgettable Tibet and Tibetan memories through travel
- Promoting local tourism to boost Tibetan experiences
- Optimal Tibet and local Tibetan experience
- Ensuring Tibet travel permit deliverance at 100% rate
- Offer excellent tour packages to suit every mood and every pocket
- Leverage Information & Technology to smoothen the wrinkles of traveling.
- Regular updates of service quality base on guest feedbacks
- Employment of local Tibetan tour guide and other tour crews.
- Use of Local Tibetan facilities for promote regional economy.
- Our Ethics
- Our local knowledge of Tibet, Tibetan lifestyle, Religion, culture and its offerings
- Our wish to serve and create happy memories
- Our Backward and Forward linkages ensuring seamless connectivity and luxurious stay
- Our dedicated and loyal employees (All Tibetan guides and tour professionals)
- Knowledgeable and friendly Tibetan guides and tour escorts.
- We are Tibetan tour professional and local expert, providing Tibet tour service. which means you will meet us in Lhasa and we will take be your guide for the tour.
- Every client and visitors are guess to us. as being Tibetan we consider our guest as most important person, you and your needs would be very high priority in our list.
- We are professional tour guide. We have been taking tour groups for over five years and we know how to deal with emergency situations in high land, we know how to avoid them and we know what is takes for your clients in making this tour.
- Over years of being a tour guide, we have better personalize touch with lots of good drivers, hotels, monks in Temple and restaurant owners. We are assigning our tour only with the tourist car driver whom we know and trust. We take our groups by our self (only if we have two or more groups in Tibet). We know all the hotels in Tibet and we booked with the best of the best hotel base on recommendation of clients and our experiences.