Tibet tourism bureau permit is also know as Tibet Visa to many travelers for it nature. This is the prime permit need to enter into Tibet. Travelers have to shown this permit at the point of enter, without this permit you will not be able to enter in to Tibet. This travel permit can be obtain from your travel agency. Travelers must have this permit during the entire trip dates. You will also have to show this permit while you are boarding the plan.
1)Only with this permit in hand, you will be able to abroad the plane.
2) This permit is for only inside Lhasa if you want to travel outside Lhasa. your agency will have to make Alien’s travel permit
3) It takes five working days to apply for the permit, given that you have submit all the necessary document on time and clear scans.
this permit is require if you are traveling through or to restricted areas. It is issued by the foreign affair section of local public security bureau. It normal takes several hours to apply it. Your guide will ask you for your passport to submit it for the permit. usually in normal tour you can apply for it on arrival. but if you are travelling overland from neighboring province to Tibet, you will need it before making starting the tour.
Following are the list of restricted areas for which you need this permit:
1) In Tsadang region: Samye monastery, Tomb of kings, Trandruk monastery and Yumbu-Lhakang.
2) In Shigatse region: Sakya Monastery, Everest Base camp and Rongbuk monastery
3) In Gyantse region: Pelkhor Chode pagoda and Kumbum stupa
4) Ngari region: entire region
5) Nyingtri region: Basum tso, Pomi, Rawo Tso and etc
6) Chamdo region: Chamdo, Tengchen, Riwoche and etc
If your tour itinerary has the military sensitive area such as : Nagqu, Ngari and Nyingchi, you are require to make the Military permit. It is issued by military office in Lhasa. Your travel agency will have to arrange this permit for you and usually it takes about 3 to 4 days to process the permit.